Thursday, February 5, 2015

i love food.

I love food. I truly do. The biggest struggle I've had in my life is most surely how to make food a career that involves just as much variety and exploration as my heart desires. This may seem obvious, "Why don't you open your own restaurant?" but any successful restaurant can only take so many risks and make so many menu changes before people start needing some consistency "Do you still make that risotto I had in November, that was incredible".

Regardless of amount, quality, hunger, meal, or ethnicity, food is essential to life and absolutely necessary to continue day in and day out. There are no doubt a myriad of struggles and successes all of us will face in our journeys but one thing is true among every being on the planet and that is the necessity of food. This requirement has always held some amount of beauty to me: this one element unites us all and gives us something to come together over. I can't help but think there is purpose in this design and pleasure in it's realization. If the pure bliss of high quality chocolate or crippling sensation of fall-off-the-bone ribs or simple pleasure of a homemade apple pie was not enough, the fact that we all need food to survive is enough to make me want to taste and learn more.

With this deep passion for food and desire for widespread variation I've decided to start a blog. My knowledge of cooking and baking is ever growing and there's no sense in keeping all this good information to myself. So here it is, this is my food, my passion, and my love. It will fill your bellies, warm your soul, and help surround your table with friends, family, and love.

Best wishes and happy tummies to all who find time to enjoy my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment